With more than five recipes for butternut squash butternut has a place on your table, and by extension, all the inhabitants spread across the earth. If you are looking forward to revamping your beta-carotene, vitamin A, C, Potassium, and fiber intake, then butternut squash recipes are standard, cheap but deliciously essential dietary needs for today’s world. Butternut is pear-shaped and belongs to the family of pumpkins.
Various butternut squash recipes are a versatile way to enjoy healthy squash in winter. It is possible to store butternut for 3 months in a cool, dry place. Never refrigerate the squash. Wash the butternut vegetable thoroughly in running water to rid it of any dirt or germs.
- Easy Homemade Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Easy Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- How to make beef stroganoff? Easy beef stroganoff recipe
- How to make beef stew? Easy and best beef stew recipe
- Best Veggie Burger Recipe
Butternut squash gives easy culinary possibilities from baking, steaming to sautéing. You can remove the skin before cooking with a vegetable peeler or cook it with it altogether. Other necessary tools are over for baking options and a knife to split it. You can dice the butternut as well using a machine.
1) Gratin Butternut squash recipe
It is a hassle-free side dish that everyone loves. Top it up with golden breadcrumbs. Layer it with a creamy sauce. Try this recipe for a warm and satisfying meal’s a showstopper during thanksgiving with your family.
- 3 tablespoons butter.
- 1 yellow onion diced.
- 2 clove garlic, minced.
- 2-pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks.
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar.
- 1 cup chicken broth.
- 8 ounces shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- 1 cup dry bread crumb
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme.
- Melt the butter in medium heat.
- Do not slice all the potatoes at once. The Slicing of these potatoes as you use them to create a layer help prevent oxidation.
- Add onions and garlic along with the butternut squash.
- Cook for 4 minutes then adding the chicken broth, cover with lid.
- Bringing the mixture to boil, reduce heat and simmertill tender.
- Remove the lid, turn up the heat and reduce liquid till just moist (don’t let it burn).
- Put it in a baking bowl and add cheddar cheese, thyme and breadcrumb as the top dressing.
Make an appetizing and more savory butternut squash by slicing the squash very thinly with a food processor. Thinly slice the onions then sauté them with red pepper flakes, then sprinkle on the two butternut squash pieces.
2) Best Mashed butternut squash recipe ever
Mashed butternut squash is best served while hot with a little protein to go with it. Drain any water before mashing. Poke the skin of the butternut to let steam escape.
- 1 butternut squash halved and seeded.
- 1 cup water.
- ½ cup plain yogurt.
- ¼ cup butter.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar.
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 140 degrees Celsius.
- Piercing of butternut squash skin with a small knife and place cut-side down in a baking dish, pour in enough water with a depth of ½ inch. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until squash is tender, about 45 minutes. Reduce the heat as the butternut begins to brown.
- Let the water evaporate first for about 15 minutes before mashing with a potato masher
- Scoop squash into a bowl, adding a ½ cup plain yogurt, butter, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Mash mixture using a fork until smooth. Garnish with coriander leaf.
3) Simple Butternut squash Cajun fries
It is a better replacement for starchy and unhealthy French fries. Cajun seasoning makes them tastier. It is perfect for two servings. This is an easy way to prepare sweet, spicy squash fries.
- ½ pound butternut squash peeled and cut into thick French fries.
- 1 pinch of salt to taste.
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 240 degrees Celsius. Spreading the mixture on a baking sheet.
- Blot any extra moisture from the butternut squash fries with paper towels and place on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and Cajun seasoning.
- Begin baking the butternut squash cuttings in the preheated oven until lightly brown and tender, for 24 minutes turning it once.
- Remove it from the heat at once.
4) Humble roasted butternut squash recipe
A roasted butternut requires an Aluminum foil to keep it moist, cook it evenly, and making clean-up easier. Easy to make and best severed with lamb chops.
- 1 butternut squash peeled, seeded and cut into cubes.
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil.
- 2 clove garlic, crushed.
- Preheat oven to 240 degree Celsius.
- Toss butternut squashes with sunflower oil and garlic in a large bowl. Season with salt and vinegar.
- Arrange coated squash in a baking sheet.
- Roast until butternut squash is soft and golden brown, for 35 minutes.
- Put in a plate or bowl to serve.
5) Recipes for Butternut squash with grapes
Have a tasty and unusual way to prepare butternut you can spice it up with cinnamon or add a few more grapes. Some people may prefer mushroom, honey,cayenne pepper to taste.
- 1 pound butternut squash peeled and seeded into cubes.
- ¼ pound purple grapes.
- ¼ cup sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil.
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt.
- 4 fresh sage leaves chopped.
- ¼ cup of toasted pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 425 Fahrenheit.
- Mix squash, grapes, onions, sunflower oil, in a big baking bowl and coating it withonion and grapes in oil. Seasoning is best with salt and sage to taste.
- Roasting the mixture in a preheated oven till the squash and onion are golden brown and slightly caramelized, about 50 minutes. Stir the mixture occasionally to avoid burning.
- Pour the mixture on a plate. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts then serve.
6) Cheap Whipped butternut squash recipe
It is a perfect substitute for mashed potatoes. Alternatively, microwave the squash and sprinkle pepper. Use real butter and a little cinnamon or a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg and pepper in your recipes for butternut squash.
- 1 butternut squash halved and seeded.
- ¼ cup margarine.
- 1 cup of plain yogurt.
- Salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Cut the squash into halves then place it inside down in a medium baking dish with enough water to cover and bake for 49 minutes in the preheated oven, until tender.
- Scoop squash from skin into a medium bowl and mix with margarine and plain yogurt. Whipping the mix until smooth, season with salt and pepper.
- Put in a serving bowl ready to eat.
7) Savory roasted butternut squash recipe
Those who are not for sweet butternut squash recipes find this savory roasted butternut easy to eat. The cube sizes are perfect for self-feeding babies to swallow. Instead, of thyme, you can use spices at hand such as garlic.
- Peel and Cube one butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil.
- 1/8 teaspoon of thyme.
- ¼ cup shredded romano cheese.
Preparations of savory butternut squash
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Mix butternut squash, sunflower oil, thyme and salt in a large bowl until evenly coated. Spread mixture in a large baking dish in an even layer, then covering it with an aluminum foilto keep it warm.
- Use the preheated oven to bake the butternut squash mix for thirty minutes, remove foil and stir in half romano cheese. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake for the remaining 14 minutes until golden brown.
Prepare excellent recipes for butternut squash and maximize the healthful benefits of squash. Seasoning butternut squash recipes are perfect ways to get a savory or sweet taste you don’t have to feel afraid to try experimenting. Exquisite taste emanates from thyme, pepper or sage. The best oil for frying butternut is olive oil since it is most resistance to high temperatures. One cup of butternut serving is worth 82 calories.
Butternut squash recipe can make a simple puree which you then blend with milk or soy to beverage. Sweeten the beverage to taste preferably with honey or brown sugar. This type of beverage is best with cooked squash. Other uses of cooked squashes are in preparation of soups and stews. So, pick any of the recipes above and appreciate today an excellent vegie meal.
In preparing recipes for butternut squash look for a golden orange fleshy one weighing between 2-5 pounds between 6-12 inches long guard like a vegetable.From nutritional standpoint butternut, squash delivers a heart-friendly diet because they are low in fat and good for your bones too. The inclusion of this meal in your diet improves your immune system. Surprise your friends and family at dinner parties with a homemade butternut squash dish.