Butternut squash soup is a delicious meal to take during the cold winter season, for those who are convalescent butternut gives a pleasant food experience. Butternut squash soup recipes start your road to homemade delicacies.
Apart from its savory taste butternut, squash is very healthy to eat because it contains essential vitamins. Vitamin A, which is about 47% of vitamin content, if you take a cup of butternut squash, you will receive 52% of vitamin C. Other vitamins included are thiamin, niacin, vitamin B-6, pantothenic acid, and manganese. Butternut has enough fiber that makes it a good food for the digestive system.
- Homemade fried rice recipe. Here is how to make fried rice
- Healthy Black Bean Burger Recipe
- Easy Pad Thai Recipe
1) Simple butternut squash SOUP
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 (1-ounce) slices banana bread
- 3 ounces thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- To prepare the squash soup recipe, melt the butter using a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the squash, carrot, and onion; sauté mixture for 12 minutes or so. Add chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 30 mins. Remove from heat; stir in salt.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place squash mixture in a blender. Removing the centre piece of blender lid allows steam to escape, and securing blender lid on blender. By placing a clean towel over opening in blender lid to avoid splatters. Blend until smooth.
- To prepare toasts, arrange banana bread on a baking sheet. Broil for 1 minute until lightly toasted. Turn the bread over, and top evenly with Swiss cheese. Broil for 1 minute or until bubbly. Serve toasts with soup.
2) Spiced butternut squash soup recipe
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2½ cups of chicken broth
- 2large russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup sherry wine
- cup half-and-half cream
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C readying for the squash soup recipe. Pour a thin layer of water in your baking dish. Ready to begin preparing the soup. Place the squash halves cut-side down in the baking dish. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until a fork can easily pierce the flesh. Cool slightly then remove the peels. Set aside
- The melting butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, leek and garlic, and sauté for a few minutes, until mixture is tender. Pour the chicken broth into the pot. Adding the potatoes, and bringing to a boil. Cooking the mix for about 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Adding the squash, and mash the potatoes until chunks are small. Use an immersible hand blender to puree the squash soup, or transfer to a blender or food processor in lots, and puree until smooth. Return to the pot. Your unbelievable recipe for butternut squash soup is now ready.
- Season the squash soup recipe with cayenne pepper, nutmeg, ginger, salt, then stir in the sherry and half-and-half cream. Heat through, but do not boil. Ladle into bowls.
3) Butternut squash soup with spinach ravioli recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 3/4 cup sliced leeks
- 11/2 cups of peeled, seeded and cubed butternut squash
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pinches ground cinnamon
- 1 pound cheese filled spinach ravioli
- 3/4 cup plain yoghurt
Preparation of butternut squash soup recipes with spinach
- The first step in preparing the recipe for butternut squash soup place the cumin seeds and nutmeg in a saucepan over reasonably medium heat, and cook until lightly browned. Stir in the butter, and sauté the onions and leeks until tender. Mix in squash, wine, and chicken broth. Season with cinnamon. Reducing the heat, and allow to simmer for 15 mins.
- Put a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Adding ravioli, and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- With a hand mixer, puree the soup mixture. Blend in plain yoghurt, and season with salt. Mix in the cooked ravioli just before serving your lovely squash soup recipe.
4) Curried butternut squash soup recipe
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 pounds chopped peeled butternut squash
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups chopped peeled Granny Smith apple
- 1/3 cup plain yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
Preparation of curried butternut squash soup recipes
Heat the oil in a large oven over medium heat in readiness for the best butternut squash soup recipe. Add leek and other 5 ingredients (leek through garlic), and cook 2 minutes, stirring often. Add squash, water, and apple; bring to a boil. Cover soup, reducing heat and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until soft.
Put the soup in a blender halfway; process until smooth. Transfer puréed soup into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with the remaining soup. Return soup to pan; stir in cream and salt. Cook soup for a minute or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle each serving with about 1 tablespoon cilantro.
5) Creamy butternut squash soup together with fresh ginger and quinoa
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 bulb onion, chopped
- 2 cups of chicken soup
- 1 butternut squash peel seeded and cubed
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and sunflower oil together in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion until softened, 7 minutes. Add the chicken soup, butternut squash, the ginger, and cumin to the onion. Simmering over medium heat until squash is tender, for about 20 minutes.
- Pour butternut squash mixture into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold the lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth. Season soup with salt.
- Put salted water and quinoa to boil in a saucepan. Reducing heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has b absorbs, 15 to 20 minutes. Stirring a tablespoon of butter into cooked quinoa and season with salt. Spoon quinoa into soup.
6) Caramelized butternut squash soup recipe
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 bulb onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 3 cups chicken soup, or more as needed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup heavy plain yoghurt
- pinches of ground nutmeg
- salt to taste
Preparation of Caramelized recipe for butternut squash soup
- Using high heat put sunflower oil in a large pot. Cooking and stirring squash in hot oil until thoroughly browned, about 10 minutes. Stir onion, butter and sea salt into the squash; cook and stir together until the onions are completely soft and beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Transferring chicken soup and honey over your mixture; bringing to boil, reducing heat to medium-low, and cook at a simmering until the squash is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Use a blender to mix the content no more than half full. Cover and hold the lid in place; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth.
- Stir plain yoghurt, nutmeg and salt into the butternut squash soup to serve.
7) Butternut squash soup recipe with sweet potato
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 butternut squash – peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Preparation of recipe for butternut squash soup
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir butternut squash, sweet potato, carrot, onion, and garlic in hot butter until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Pour chicken stock into butternut squash mixture bringing the mixture to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until squash and potato are tender, about 40 minutes.
- Pour squash soup mixture into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold the lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth.
- Return pureed soup to pot and season with salt and black pepper.
All in all butternut squash soup recipes is enjoyable by all ages. It is worth trying and promises to leave you serving for more. The spiciness of the recipe for butternut squash soup depends on the spices one uses, therefore, adjust according to preferences.