Hello friend, your desperate search for easy soup recipes could be over. However, easy is not enough.
Doctors often advise that you eat healthy meals to remain healthy and strong. Our basic eating needs are for satisfaction (filled tummy, good taste, and nutrients). These are applicable to soup recipes as well. You need the best of healthy soup recipes to stay strong, even in your old age. Don’t be concerned about cooking complexity as many of the options here are easy soup recipes.
- Best leek and potato soup recipe that every one should try
- How to make pasta salad? Best italian pasta salad recipe
- Best german potato salad recipe ever
- 8 Top Most Zucchini Bread Recipes : Don’t Miss
- 10 Fantastic Vegetable Soup Recipes
You should check out the following soup recipes:
1) BUTTERNUT SOUP WITH CRISPY SAGE APPLE CROUTONS
You wouldn’t want to miss another meal from this soup recipe after your first taste. It’s one of the best soup recipes you can ever get. For this crunchy soup, you need:
- Chopped pieces of one large-size onion and a garlic clove
- A tbsp. of olive oil
- A squash from about 1 kg of peeled, deseeded and cut butternut
- 3 tbspof Madeira or dry Sherry
- 1 tspof chopped sage and additional 20 small dried leaves
- Sunflower oil
- 500ml vegetable stock
- For apple croutons – 1t tbsp. of olive oil, 1 large sized apple to be peeled and diced and some pinches of golden caster sugar.
- Fry the onions for 5minutes, add the squash and garlic and cook for an additional 5minutes. Add this into the Madeira and stock. Then, add the chopped sage, stir and cover while allowing it to simmer.
- When tender, blend with a hand blender to smoothen and allow it to cool for serving.
The crispy sage: Heat some oil in a pan and then add the sage leaves to fry until crispy. Then place in some kitchen paper for draining.
The apple croutons: Fry the apple croutons until soft, sprinkle the sugar on, and stir until it feels lightly caramel.
Serving: Scoop the soup into bowls and do toppings with the apple croutons, sage and some black pepper.
2) BROCCOLI SOUP WITH CRISPY CROUTONS & GOAT’S CHEESE
This is an ideal easy soup recipe that you can prepare under an hour. It is good as a starter for gluttonous guys and perfect as a main meal as well. For a family or a group of four, you need the following ingredients to make a perfect lunch:
- A large size onion
- 50g of butter
- 1 litre of vegetable stock(or chicken stock)
- 900g of broccoli to be chopped
- Average-soft 100g goat’s cheese
- A tabsp of olive oil
- Quarter tbsp. of dried nutmeg or a reasonable amount of grated nutmeg
- 500-600ml of cream milk
- 2 cubed &thick slices of bread
- Put the bread in a bowl, add the olive oil and some pinches of salt and stir. Put the coated bread in an oven and bake it for 12 minutesat a 200 degrees C.
- While you bake the bread, chop the broccoli florets and stalks unto separate bowls. Then, set a pan on fire, drop the butter into it and add the broccoli stalks, nutmeg and onion to be fried for 5-7minutes. When soft, add the separated broccoli florets,vegetable stock, as well as the milk to it and boil under moderate fire for about 8-10minutes.
- When tender, scoop out four ladles of broccoli, and then blend the remainder until it is smooth. Add back the scooped broccoli to the soup and adjust seasoning.
- Scatter with the croutons, goat’s cheese and then serve.
3. MINESTRONE WITH PARMIGIANO-REGGIANO
Everything thing minestrone is wonderful. Mixed with Parmigiano-Reggiano, you wouldn’t believe the taste from this soup recipe. To prepare, you need these:
- 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin oil
- 2 chopped large stalks celery
- A large red onion to be chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic to be chopped
- 3 seeded and diced medium-size tomatoes
- Finely sliced 1.5 bunch Swiss chard
- 1 large-size waxy potato, choppedintohalf-inch cubes
- 2 chopped large carrots
- ¼ pound of thinly sliced pancetta
- ½ head savoy cabbage (finely blanched, sliced and drained)
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (grated for topping)
- 4 cups of chicken stock (low-sodium content)
- 1 bouquet garni (4 sprigs of thyme, 1bay leaf, 1 sprig of rosemary and 1 bunch parsley, tied together with a kitchen twine)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped spinach
- 3 cups of cannellini beans (cooked or canned dried beans)
- Freshly ground pepper and some kosher salt
- Heat olive oil in a pot usinga medium-high temperature. When hot, add the celery, onion, garlic, carrots and pancetta;let it cook while you stir for about 5minutes.
- When soft, add 4 cups of water and then include the cabbage, potato, chard, tomatoes, bouquet garni and chicken stock. Let it boil and cook gently for about half an hour.
- Blend half of the beans till its smoothand add it to the soup. Let it boil gently for 10minutes.
- Afterwards, add the spinach and let it cook for an additional two minutes. Add some seasoning with salt and pepper for your required taste.
Now, you can serve your soup into your bowls and garnish with the Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese.
4. TURKEY & COCONUT MILK SOUP RECIPE
For a table of four, this is a good soup recipe that can be prepared super-fast (under 30minutes).It contains a meager 5% fat, 9% calories, 54% saturates, 16% protein, 6% carbs and 5% sugar. You’ll need the following:
- 3 Thai shallots
- 2 lemongrass stalks
- 500ml of organic turkey stock
- 2 bird’s-eye chilies
- One finger-sized piece of galangal or ginger
- One teaspoon of soft brown sugar
- 400ml tin of light coconut milk
- 100g of oyster mushrooms
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 200g of cooked skin-free turkey
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- Some sprigs of fresh coriander
- ½ of a lime
- Bruise the trimmed lemon grass, peel and bruise the shallots and chilies. Chop the galangal (ginger) into thin slices.
- After this, mix the stock and coconut milk in a saucepan and set on fire. When it boils, reduce the fire and add the lemongrass, chilies, shallots, sugar, lime leaves and galangal (ginger). Get it seasoned and simmer moderately for an extra 5minutes.
- Afterwards, shred the cooked turkey and rip the mushrooms. Add them to the pan and decrease the fire, allowing it to simmer for an extra 3 or 4minutes. You can now add the lime juice and fish sauce; taste and add any additional seasoning.
You may serve this with some few coriander leaves toppings.
5. APPLE & CELERIAC SOUP
If you need an amazing hot and healthy soup for the cool winter, you need not miss out on this one. It’s among the easy soup recipes, nutritious, and should take you about 55minutes to prepare for a table of 8.
Wondering why it is healthy? This soup recipe contains 12% calories, 24% fats, 31% saturates, 14% proteins, 6% carbs and 11% sugar.
- 2 sliced onions
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 Cox’s Orange Pippin apples chopped into quarters
- 1 chopped celeriac
- 2 litres of vegetable stock – chicken stock is an option
- Some sprigs of thyme and sage leaves
- 1 coarsely chopped celery stock
- 200ml of crème fraîche
- Toasted hazelnuts for serving
- Pour half of the oil in a pan and heat. Transfer the celery and onions into the hot oil and let it cook over a moderate heat for about 10 minutes to soften. Now, add the apples, thyme and celeriac and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add the celery stock, season it and boil gently over a moderate or low fire for about half an hour (until the celeriac reaches tenderness).
- Your next step is to take it off the heat and blend in a blender for smoothening. Pour into and stir half of the crème fraîche.
- Pour the remaining half of the oil into a pan and heat. When hot, add and fry the sage for crispiness.
- You may now scoop your soup into bowls for serving, and garnish with the remainder of the crème fraîche. Sprinkle soup with the crispy leaves of sage, the extra-virgin olive oil and the hazelnuts for serving.
6. Coconut Curry Butternut Squash Soup
(2.1g of protein, 14.6g of carbs, 3.6g fiber, 4.9g fat and 108calories)
This is among best soup recipes due to its low fat to carbs ratio, has high fiber content and a vegan meal as well. It’s a soup recipe that is bound to pass many diet recommendations and restrictions. You need just 20minutes for preparation.
For a serving of 4, you need:
- Half a tablespoon of roasted cumin
- 2 teaspoons of madras curry powder
- half of a medium-sized onion (minced)
- 2cups of peeled and chopped butternut squash
- salt and fresh pepper for seasoning
- 3 cups of fat-free vegetable or chicken broth
- one-half tablespoon of garam masala
- one tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 minced cloves of garlic and a cup of light coconut milk.
- Pour oil into a large soup pot and heat over medium heat. When hot, add the garlic, onion and sauté until tender. Then, include the masala, roasted cumin and madras curry powder. Mix it well and let it cook another minute or two.
- Pour in the broth, butternut squash and light coconut milk, cover it and cook for about 15minutes until it’s soft.
- Note: You should have an immersion blender. Take off the cover, sink the immersion blender and puree the soup until it’s smoothened. Add the salt and fresh pepper for tastiness.
Isn’t it simple? You can serve with fresh cilantro. Make it a point not to exempt this from your best soup recipes.
7. WEST AFRICAN GHANA LIGHT SOUP
This recipe is of a West African origin, Ghana. In its country of origin, rumor has it that; doctors recommend this for the sick as well as people that want to stay healthy. In Ghana, it’s on the menu of every local food joint. I tried this soup recipe and guess what? – It tastes like sweet sorcery.
All you need:
- 2 tin tomatoes
- 2 large-size onions
- 2 cups of tomato sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 lbsof beef (cubed)
- hot peppers for tastiness
Note: you can also use pre-cooked chicken or beef.
- Season and cook your beef first.
- While steaming the beef, blend the onions, garlic and pepper in a blender, adding a little water.
- When done, pour the blends over the steaming beef, while on fire. Let it cook for about two minutes, add some water and let it boil on a medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Taste and check if you need some additional spicing. Make sure that the rawness of tomato is out. If water dries out, you may add a little more – not too much to make it watery.
8. CABBAGE SOUP RECIPE
This is one of the best healthy soup recipes for family.
I need not tell you of the nutritional benefits of cabbages in soup recipes. For this simple soup recipe, you need:
- 2 large-size onions
- one clove of garlic
- 2 green peppers
- a can or two of tomato paste
- 3 carrots
- 1 celery bunch
- 10 oz. of mushrooms
- half a head of cabbage.
- Chop your onions and garlic and place them in a sizeable pot.
- Dissect the green pepper to remove seeds,cut into small pieces and add to the pot.
- Treat the cabbage, chop into smaller pieces and add to the pot.
- Wash your carrots, celery and mushrooms. Chop them into small pieces and tossinto the pot.
- Add some tomatoes and any other relevant spices you like.
- Now, pour in 10 to 12 cups of water, cover it and set a low heat beneath it. Let it simmer for about 1½ hours or until the vegetables are tender.
9. CUCUMBER SOUP
As one of the best soup recipes, the taste of this one talks for itself.We’ll add avocado to this soup recipe to enhance the color and give it a creamy feel.
For this, you’ll need:
- 11 cucumbers(to be divided)
- ¼ cup or 4 tablespoons of honey
- ¼ cup of rice-wine vinegar
- 1 ripe avocado(peeled and seeded)
- 2 teaspoons of fresh dill (chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- cracked black pepper (optional)
- dill sprigs (optional).
- Chop 5 cucumbers into chunks (3-inch sized),place half of the chunks and 2 tablespoons of honey into a blender and mash until smooth. Sieve the puree into a bowl using an appropriate colander. Cover and refrigerate for 8hours.
- Peel, seed and slice the remaining 6 cucumbers.Place slices into a bowl,add the vinegar, 2 tablespoons of honey, and toss well to coat. Keep thistoo chilled for 8 hours.
- Afterwards, juice the refrigerated puree to discard the solids.
- Combine half of the preserved slices of cucumber, 1¾ cups cucumber juice, and avocado in a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer into a bowl and repeat this for the remaining cucumber slices and juice. Now, stir in salt, pepper and chopped dill.
- Pour into bowls and serve. You may garnish with dill sprigs and cracked black pepper.
10. BROWN LENTIL SOUP
This is one of those easy soup recipes that look bad but tastefantastic. If you want a low-cost option among healthy soup recipes, you should opt for this one. It should take you about 45minutes to cook for a table of six.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 pound lentils, picked and rinsed
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 2 quarts vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground toasted cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground grains of paradise
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground coriander
You may add some cloves of garlic as well.
- Pour the olive oil into a pot and set over a medium heat. When hot, toss the chopped onions, carrot, celery and salt and stir gently for 5 or so minutes, until onions are tender or translucent.
- Now, add the lentils, broth, coriander, tomatoes, cumin and grains of paradise and put to a stir while you increase the heat to high for a short strong simmer.
- Afterwards, cover it and turn down the heat to a low,letting it boil gently for about 30-40minutes, until the lentils are softened. You may now puree as preferred and serve.
I need not tell you that your health is essential. It’s time to replace those slow-killer soup recipes or sauces with the best soup recipes. Healthy soup recipes are your key to improved health and mental strength. Take advantage of this wonderful opportunity. I wish you a joyous cooking.