Hey, have you been wondering if good meals can be made from spaghetti squash recipes or looking for healthy spaghetti squash recipes? You’re at the right place. Though most people only opt for a spaghetti squash meal as a substitute for pasta, a meal from some of the best spaghetti squash recipes can stir up a potentially permanent switch of preference.
- 10 Yummy Vanilla Cupcake Recipes
- 10 Best vanilla cake recipes : Don’t Miss
- 10 Super quick bread recipes
- 10 Best Healthy Muffin Recipes
- 10 Fantastic Lentil Soup Recipes
NICE RECIPES FOR SPAGHETTI SQUASH
It’s difficult for me to single out only one recipe from the best spaghetti squash recipes. Probably, you can do a better job. Let’s take a look at some of the best spaghetti squash recipes that are essential for health.
1: SPAGHETTI SQUASH RECIPE FOR GREMOLATA
From my perspective, this is among the ten best spaghetti squash recipes you will ever get. What’s in there? Just imagine the taste of soft roasted spaghetti squash mixed with pan-roasted tomatoes, garlic, parsley and gremolata of lemon zest – Simply amazing. Trust me; upon your first bite, you might turn to this as an unfading daily delicacy without. All you need for cooking spaghetti squash gremolata is 1 hour, 15 minutes and the following;
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsps of cooking oil
- 1 tsp of garlic
- Tomatoes (1 red and 1 yellow)
- ½ tbsp. of fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. of lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 2 cans of tomato sauce (14½ ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- With the stem off, divide one medium sized spaghetti squash vertically and do away with the seeds. Place and bake the squash in a parchment-lined baking pan for 50minutes. However, check if it’s ready and separable after 45minutes so it’s not overcooked or undercooked – It can to last up to an hour.
- Prepare the sauce while cooking the squash: Heat 2tbsps of oil in a large saucepan, add and stir in ½ teaspoon of garlic, red tomatoes, pepper and salt. When slightly thick, stir in ½ tbsp. fresh parsley, 1tbsp of lemon zest and 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice.
- Take another bowl and mix another ½ teaspoon of garlic, 1.5tbsp of parsley, and 1tbsp. of lemon zest.
- When squash is ready, pull the flesh from the skin, put it on a serving plate, and top with two 14½-ounce can tomato sauce mixture and the parsley mixture (gremolata).
- Once the squash is ready and you have pulled the flesh from skin, place the cooked squash on a serving platter. Top with the tomato sauce mixture, then the parsley mixture (gremolata). Chop one yellow tomato for the toppings and then shower some olive oil on top to serve.
2: BUFALLO CHICKEN SPAGHETTI SQUASH
This is a fabulous spaghetti squash recipe.Talking about a squash meal with tasty fried and spicy chicken breasts in it? I need not talk much. For a serving of four, this will make for a perfect lunch.
- 1 Spaghetti squash(chopped in half, lengthwise)
- 3 green onions(chopped)
- 2 chicken breasts, (cubed &thawed)
- 1 to 2 tbsp.of olive oil
- 2 tsp.of minced garlic
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 cup of shredded cabbage
- ¾ cup of Franks Hot Sauce
- blue cheese crumbles
Heat olive oil in a sizeable saucepan. Sauté green onions and garlic till tender. Add in chicken and cook for about 5 to 8 minutes; until chicken is well cooked through.
Concurrently, microwave the spaghetti squash for about 6minutes. Let it out to cool and spoon out the seeds and insides. Then, scrape out the extra spaghetti squash with a fork and loosen the strands. Add the squash to your saucepan along with chopped your cabbage and carrots. Stir in Frank’s Hot Sauce for taste. When done, do some garnishing with the green onions and blue cheese and serve.
3: PAN-FRIED PEANUT IN SPAGHETTI SQUASH (ASIAN)
There are numerous spaghetti squash recipes but, this one from Asia, you need to try it. It’s not just lusciously tasty but also very healthy. This recipe yields a serving of 4 to 6 in about 45 minutes of kitchen time.
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic(minced)
- 1 lb. of ground chicken
- 1 (8oz.) package of mushrooms(sliced)
- 1 large green pepper(seeds removed &sliced)
- 1 red onion(half-cut and chopped into thin slices)
- ⅓ cupsof reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- Dash ground ginger
- Dash red pepper flakes
- ½ cup of fresh cilantro(chopped)
- ¼ cup of peanuts (finely chopped)
- Divide squash lengthwise with a knife and takeout seeds with a spoon.
- Microwave squash with about ¼ cup of water for 10 to 15minutes, and then cool. When cool, loosen the strands.
- While cooking spaghetti squash, set a sizeable skillet on a medium heat and stir-fry oil, chicken and garlic for about 5minutes or till chicken is almost cooked.Then stir in mushrooms, onions and green pepper.Cook for an extra 5 minutes.
- After meat and vegetables are well cooked, stir in peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger, lime juice and pepper. Stir in squash to coat.
To serve, top with peanuts and cilantro.
4: SPAGHETTI SQUASH CRUST PIZZA
For a yummy pizza crust, you can use spaghetti squash too. Yea! It may sound a little weird or strange, but it looks perfect and tastes just as much. Ever since I tried this spaghetti squash recipe for my pizza, it’s turned out to be my favorite veggie crust.
Nutritionally, this recipe makes pizza that contains lesser calories and carbs than most regular pizzas.
- 4 cups of cooked spaghetti squash
- 1 cup of mozzarella (partly shredded)
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tspof dried oregano
- 1 tspof dried parsley
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms
- ¼ of an onion(diced)
- ¼ cup of pizza sauce
- 1 cup of torn fresh spinach
- ½ cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line your pizza pan with a parchment paper and put aside.
- Squeeze out excess water from squash with a strainer.
- Then, mix spaghetti squash, egg and whites, mozza cheese, spices and garlic into a sizeable bowl.
- When evenly mixed, let it sit for some minutes and drain off any liquid that may be accumulated.
- Fill the pizza pan with the squash mixture and bake for 12 to 15minutes, until crust is dry.
- While cooking spaghetti squash crust, sauté mushrooms and onions till soft and take off from heat.
- When the crust is ready, spread the sauce over it, and then spread onions, mushrooms and spinach on top the pizza sauce. Do toppings with Parmesan cheese and bake for an additional 10 to 15minutes, until you see cheese bubbles and browned crust edges.
Now, let it cool off for about 5minutes, cut and serve.
5: SPAGHETTI SQUASH SHRIMP SCAMPI
Hello low-carb eaters, this is one of many spaghetti squash recipes that are ideal for you. It’s a surety you will love this shrimp scampi.
- ½ spaghetti squash
- 4 jumbo shrimps
- Handful of cherry tomatoes (divided)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- Fresh basil leaves (a handful)
- ¼ cup of white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
Divide spaghetti squash lengthwise and spoon out the guts.
Before cooking spaghetti squash, brush on with your olive oil and season mixture with pepper and salt. Then, fit squash into your oven with the bruised side up. Bake at a setting of 375 F degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
Afterwards, scrape out with a fork to remove squash from spaghetti strands.
For your shrimp scampi:
Put a teaspoon of oil and garlic into a skillet and heat until garlic softens.
Add your lemon and wine and let it simmer for one minute.
Then, add in shrimp and basil. Let it simmer for 3 minutes.
Afterwards, add in tomatoes and simmer until softened.
Now, add this in to the prepared spaghetti squash and garnish with lemon wedge.
6: LASAGNA STUFFED SPAGHETTI SQUASH
In a matter of 1 hour 10 minutes, you can make a fantastic spaghetti squash meal for dinner, filled with palatable lasagna. Yes! It can be that good.
- 2 medium-size spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion(chopped)
- 4 cloves of garlic(chopped)
- 20 ozof 99% lean ground turkey breast
- ¼ lbof chicken sausage(sliced)
- 1 lbof can crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano(divided)
- 2 teaspoons of dried basil(divided)
- 2 teaspoons of crushed red pepper flakes(optional)
- ½ cup part skim ricotta cheese
- ½ cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- Get your oven preheated to 400 degrees F.
- Cut through the spaghetti squash lengthwise and scrape the seeds out.
- Brush a ¼ tbsp. of olive oil into each of the squash halves and season in salt and pepper.
- Place the halves, bruised-side-down, into the oven and bake for 40 to 60minutes.
- While cooking spaghetti squash, place a pan over a medium heat, sauté garlic and onion with a tablespoon of olive oil. Add in the ground turkey, season with some salt and pepper and cook till browned.
- Then, add in sausages, crushed tomato, and a teaspoon each of oregano and basil.
- When the sauce is highly heated and bubbly, reduce the heat so it simmers for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- As you wait, take a medium-size bowl and mix the cheeses (except mozzarella). Season them with a teaspoon each of oregano and basil, and then add in some salt and pepper.Mix until evenly combined.
- When the squash is ready, spread the cheese mixture evenly into each half. Do same with the meat sauce, and then top with ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Slot them into the oven once more to bake for about 2 to 3minutes; until cheese are browned and bubbled – monitor closely so it doesn’t burn.
Take out of oven and serve. Feel free to add in any preferred spicing.
7: CREAMY GARLIC SPAGHETTI SQUASH
This spaghetti squash recipe makes wonderful spaghetti pasta, covered in a tasty creamy sauce as a side dish for four.
It’s oneof the most healthy spaghetti recipes for everyone. You should try it out.
- 1 medium or large spaghetti squash
- 2 shallots(diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- ¾ to 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- ¼ to 1/3 cup of fat free ‘half and half’
- ½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley
- Microwave your spaghetti squash, bruised-side-down, for 10 to 12minutes. Let it cool, scrape out seeds and shred squash with a fork.
- Sauté shallots and garlic for 5 minutes over a medium heat, then stir in the shredded squash. Add in pepper and salt as well.
- Mix in the shredded broth and then mix in the ‘half and half’.
- Now, mix in the parsley and cheese.
- Take it off from fire and serve. You may add some extra Parmesan if you like.
8: SPAGHETTI SQUASH IN GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES
This is another of healthy spaghetti squash recipes that will steal your heart. It yields 2 very tasty sandwiches. Try this for yourself as I can’t describe accurately how good it is.
- 1 spaghetti squash(cut and seeds scraped out)
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter(melted)
- 1 tablespoon of packed deep brown sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 medium shallots(thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup of fresh sage leaves
- 8 thick slices of bread
- 2 cups ofsharp cheddar cheese(grated)
- Preheat your oven to 425 °F.
- Place the seed-scraped squash, with the cut sides upward, on a baking pan. Rub with butter and sprinkle on some brown sugar. Rub the sugar into the squash season with pepper and salt.
- Roast squash for an hour, until tender, and transfer to a cooling rack for about ten minutes. Then, scrape out the squash’s flesh, transfer into a medium-size bowl and set aside.
- Simmer 1 tablespoon of oil in a sizeable skillet over a medium heat, and then add in the shallots and sage. Cook for about 5 minutes to soften. Then, stir this mixture into the reserved spaghetti squash and season with pepper and salt.
- Take four slices of bread, spread ½ cup of squash on each slice and sprinkle ½ cup of cheese over it. Cover each sandwich with the other 4 slices and brush over the sides with the 2 extra tablespoons of oil.
- Place sandwiches in a large skillet and heat for about 5minutes on each side. When the cheese is melted and the bread is crispy and golden, take off from pan and cool for some few minutes. Cut in horizontal halves and serve.
9: SUMPTUOUS SPAGHETTI SQUASH RECIPE FOR BURGER PATTIES
Recipes for spaghetti squash never cease to amaze me. I always thought it’s a boring thing to be a vegan but upon trying this recipe, I think I’ve changed that perception. All you need is 1 hour, 15 minutes of kitchen time and some few ingredients.
- 1 delicata squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (optional)
- Black pepper (ground)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 shallot(minced)
- 1 clove of garlic(minced)
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes(chopped)
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- Eggs White
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Place the squash unto a baking pan with bruised side facing upward, drizzle with olive oil and then season with the salt and pepper. Bake for 45minutes or until tender. Take it out, cool and chop into cubes.
- Place butter in a skillet over medium and heat. When hot, stir in your garlic and shallot and simmer till transparent. Add in the tomatoes and cook until tender. Now, mash the squash cubes into the garlic mixture until smooth, lift off from heat and pour into a bowl to cool for about 3minutes.
- Stir in the crumbs of bread, Parmesan cheese and egg into the mixture. If your mixture is too sticky, you can add in more crumbs. Then, season with pepper and salt and reform mixture into four patties. Using the vegetable oil, fry patties over a medium-high heat for about 5minutes; until browned.
10: SPAGHETTI SQUASH SALAD
If you are fond of pasta salad, this recipe makes a better replacement for that. If a list of all time healthy spaghetti squash recipes or most nutritious recipes for spaghetti squash is made, this one is definitely going to be on the list. You should try this out.
- 1 Spaghetti squash
- A zesty Italian dressing
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Chop off the ends of spaghetti squash and slice through squash into rings.
- Fix an aluminum foil onto your baking sheet and place the squash on it.
- Rub olive oil into the spaghetti squash and season with pepper and salt.
- Slot into your oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Afterwards, let the spaghetti squash cool and pull off strands from the rings.
- Place the strands in a bowl and mix with tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers.
- Add in the Zesty Italian dressing and refrigerate for about one hour.
- Afterwards, you can serve and enjoy. You should try this. – It’s really delicious.
Now that you have all these ten healthy spaghetti squash recipes at your disposal, what are you waiting? Buy your ingredients and get started. If you’ve tried any of these recipes for spaghetti squash, do well to leave a comment on your personal best spaghetti squash recipes.