Have you been wondering how that next door neighbor got rid of his blackheads so sudden? It’s nothing strange; you need no magical concussion or potion to do this.
Blackheads occur as a result of blockages in the hair follicles. For this reason, they may appear around any part of the body. They usually occur on the face and more specifically, the nose. The blackening that appears is as a result of oxidation in the skin. Let’s go straight to the issue of how to get rid of blackheads.
To get rid of blackheads, you can use prescribed drugs from a dermatologist. However, instead of potentially harmful dermatologic drugs, you can use effective natural and safer home remedies for getting rid of blackheads.
HOME OPTIONS FOR GETTING RID OF BLACKHEADS
1. EGG WHITES
This is one of the easiest and most effective ways to get rid of black heads. By making a mask with egg whites and applying on the face, the loose skin pores become tightened and this helps in clearing existing blackheads as well as preventing future occurrences. Aside this tightening ability, the egg whites contain rich nutrients that are good for general skin health.
- Separate the yolk from egg white, beat the egg white, smear and rub it into your skin
- Allow some time for the first layer to dry and apply another layer. You may apply about 3-4 layers
- Considering the greasy nature of egg whites, stick some tissue paper unto the skin after the last layer and allow the mask to dry
- Now, peel away the tissue and rinse the face to get rid of the mask, dry with a towel and apply some skin moisturizers.
Another option is to mix egg whites with honey for this purpose.
2. LEMON JUICE
Lemon juice is an appropriate antioxidant for blackheads. It also possesses antiseptic properties and is acidic enough to bleach black heads. For these reasons, it is very effective for getting rid of black heads.
- Squeeze some lemon juice into a glass and mix with a little water to reduce acidity
- You may add some salt as well to give the solution an extra cutting edge – Salt is essential for drying up blackheads
- Apply this mixture to the affected skin areas and leave it overnight
- Upon waking the following morning, rinse the region with warm water
Alternatively, you can make a body scrub for this purpose by mixing lemon juice with sugar granules. This removes dead skin cells that cover the blackheads and makes it easier for the lemon juice to sink directly into the affected pores of the skin.
3. APPLY SOME TOMATOES
When tomatoes are applied to the skin, they unclog the blocked skin pores or hair follicles that may be causing blackheads. This is due to its antiseptic properties. They dry up blackheads and erase them from the skin naturally.
- Blend or grind some fresh tomatoes, smear and rub on the affected regions of the skin.
- Allow it about 30 – 45 minutes to be absorbed into the skin and dry before you wash the skin or take a bath. You may leave it overnight as well for speedy improvement.
4. SUGAR AND HONEY SCRUB
An effective and natural body scrub is formed by mixing a good amount of sugar with honey. This scrub effectively wears off dead skin cells that cover the blackheads, making it easier to be treated and removed.
- Mix a good quantity of sugar granules with honey
- Rinse the face with clean water and apply this scrub to the affected skin areas. Scrub by using the tip of the fingers or the palms.
5. BAKING SODA
Another special way to get rid of blackheads is by using baking soda. It dries the skin, reduces oxidation, as well as bleaches the skin to remove blackheads. These functions qualify it as a dependable substance for this purpose.
- Mix some water with baking powder to form a paste
- Rub it gently over the affected areas
- Allow it to sit on the skin for about 5minutes and rinse off with warm water afterwards.
6. EPSOM SALT
The use of Epsom salt is another special and natural method for erasing blackheads.
- Mix hot water with one teaspoon of Epsom salt and some few drops of iodine.
- Wait for it to cool down to a normal room temperature.
- Using a cotton ball, apply this mixture to the affected areas and leave it to dry.
- After about 20 or more minutes, wash with water and dry with a towel.
7. OLIVE OIL
Olive oil can’t be left out of this list. Mixing olive oil with lemon juice forms an effective and efficient skin protection against blackheads.
- Mix olive oil with lemon juice in equivalent proportions.
- Apply this mixture to the affected skin areas with the use of a cotton ball.
Do this on a daily basis for a transformative look of the skin.
8. APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Apple Cider Vinegar contains acids that are essential for bleaching and fighting black spots. You may apply ACV as a new toner to get rid of blackheads. Highly concentrated ACVs must be mixed with water to reduce its acidity.
These home remedies are reliable for getting rid of blackheads. The choice is yours to make. You may try applying other remedies like tea tree oil, green tea, milk treatment, cinnamons as well as clay application. I wish you the best of luck.