- How to make chocolate mousse? Chocolate mousse recipe
- Best And Easy chocolate chip cookies recipe
- How to make apple pie? Easy apple pie recipe
- How to make french toast? Best french toast recipe
- Best carrot cake recipe by OttMag
- How to make tomato soup? My best homemade tomato soup recipe
Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe for the Tastiest Dish
The broccoli cheese soup recipe is easy to follow and implement within duration of 1 hour. Most people prefer chicken stock in broccoli and cheese soup but vegetarians can also use low-sodium vegetable stock. If you want to use the entire head in the soup, you can make use of some of the stalks alongside the florets. There are a few optional spices in the broccoli cheese soup recipe such as smoked paprika, cayenne pepper and mustard powder that can be added according to what you prefer. Although they are not a must, they do add a bit of flavor. The cheddar cheese used should be grated when cooking because pre-grated cheese is resistant to melting and is not easy to incorporate into the broccoli and cheese soup. In order to be rewarded with most amazing, richest and creamiest soup, you should read the broccoli soup recipe before you begin cooking.
Yield: Approximately 7 cups
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: approximately 45 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Ingredients for Broccoli Soup Recipe
- 8 ounces grated cheese (mild cheddar, sharp cheddar, jack, etc.), plus an extra amount for garnishing bowls.
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 to 3 cups broccoli florets, diced into small pieces and 1 cup seems (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika to taste
- 1 tablespoon+4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 small/medium sweet yellow onion, diced small
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock (chicken stock may be a substitute)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt to add taste
- ¾ freshly ground black pepper to add taste
Directions for Broccoli Soup Recipe
- Add 1 tablespoon butter into a small saucepan, the diced onion and then sauté over medium heat until the onion is a little brown all the while stirring intermittently.
- Add garlic and cook for like 30 seconds while stirring constantly to prevent it from burning. Remote the heat and keep the pan aside.
- Add 4 tablespoons butter, flour into a large heavy-bottom pan and cook over medium heat for about 3 to 5 minutes while whisking constantly until the flour thickens.
- Add the vegetable stock slowly while whisking.
- Allow the mixture to simmer over low heat for like15 to 20 minutes. Whisk at intervals to remove the thick layer that forms at the top.
- As the mixture simmers, you can chop the carrots and broccoli and add it to the mixture. Also add the onion and garlic that you left aside when you began making the broccoli and cheese soup.
- Add the salt, pepper, optional dry mustard powder, and optional paprika and optional cayenne. Using these seasons as outlined in this broccoli soup recipe adds a depth of flavor but they are not complimentary. Stir to combine the mixture.
- Allow the soup to simmer over low heat for approximately 20 to 25 minutes or until it reduces and thickens. Whisk intermittently to remove the thick layer that forms.
- While the broccoli and cheese soup is simmering, grate the cheese. Add most of it after 20 to 25 minutes and reserve the remaining amount for garnishing bowls. Stir it until melted and incorporated fully, less than a minute.
Transfer the soup to bowls, garnish with reserved cheese and serve instantly. Broccoli and cheese soup can be kept airtight for duration of 5 to 7 days but this broccoli cheese soup recipe does not recommend it.