A wonderful chicken soup is vital especially with the cold and flu seasons. The bottom line is an easy chicken soup recipe is all you need to prepare a good soup for your body and soul. This simple recipe is a reminder of good old memories for the family.
- How to make red velvet cake? Easy red velvet cake recipe
- How to make peanut butter cookies? Easy peanut butter cookies recipe
- How to make sugar cookies? Easy sugar cookie recipe
- How to make ice cream? Easy homemade ice cream recipe
- How to make cream cheese frosting? Easy cream cheese frosting recipe
Easy chicken soup recipe Ingredients
- Whole chicken
- 4 carrots
- 4 stalk Celery halved
- 1 parsnip
- 2 large onion quartered
- Water to cover
- Salt and Pepper to taste
5 easy steps to prepare homemade chicken soup recipe
- First boil 3-4 lbs. Chicken adding a tablespoon salt as it begins to boil and skim the foam to have a nice and clean soup.
- Add washed veggies (2 quartered onions, 1 parsnip, 4 carrots, 4 celery stalks and simmer for about 60 minutes until meat is tender.
- Take out the chicken and put in a plate. Take meat off of bones. Put back the broth, bones and skin to the pot with cooked veggies and simmer another one hour.
- Strain everything by pouring soup into a large strainer sitting on bowl large enough to hold soup. Repeat straining if necessary. Toss out the veggies, bones, skin and return soup to the stove and add fresh bite size pieces of carrots and parsnip.
- Boil the broth to finish preparing homemade chicken soup recipe.Using a separate pot, put caramelize sautéed garlic and onion adding to the broth and boil just in a few minutes and shut off. Ready to eat thebest chicken soup.
3 ways to flavor the best chicken soup recipe
Spicing that easy chicken soup recipe
Preparing broth without seasoning is healthy but not friendly to the taste buds. Salt is one of the common seasoning ingredients for chicken soup. To obtain a mildly spicy taste pair the salt with black or white pepper, garlic powder, onion powder or cumin. There are also spices that are very fiery such as red pepper, hot paprika or cayenne pepper. However, smoky spices such as smoked paprika or smoked salt are also eligible candidates for a good soup.
Homemade chicken soup with tasty herbs
Herbs improve the taste of the broth. Consider two herbs namely; parsley and basil that gives you the best chicken soup recipe. They both have a mellow and a sweet flavor when added to the broth. Other than Rosemary that brings a bitter twist, alternatively stronger flavors include oregano, marjoram, and thyme.
The best chicken soup recipe with enticing vegetables
Preparea very good homemade chicken soup recipethat entices appetite by adding vegetables to flavor, colorand texture. Celery, for instance, has a unique taste with its crunchy tender stalks. Moreover, it has essential oil responsible for its taste with healthful properties. Carrots, in particular, add some color. Potatoes added to the broth give it a mellow starchy flavor. Green or white onions introduce some sharp taste to the broth.
It is hard to get the right flavors for your broth but from the easy steps and options provided one can enjoy the great of chicken broth. It is important to use fresh veggies to prepare the broth. Enjoy chicken soup that is with cooked noodles or rice. The cooking of rice or noodle is best when separate. Noodles and rice placed together with broth would be mushy so it best on their own. Chopping chicken parts into small pieces makes skimming difficult. Remember the flavors are only used to add flavor to a bland chicken soup.