It is rare to find someone like a neighbor or an expert to show you How to make Pasta as there are a few steps involved in making it. Though simple and easy to understand, they require one’s keenness. That said, do you just know you really do not have to by pasta from the stores when you can literally learn How to make Pasta at Home? Therefore, to know How to make Pasta so that it saves your money, follow the instructions given in the following Homemade Pasta Recipe. Just like any other Recipe of Pasta, Homemade Pasta Recipe may seem to be a bit complex but not really keeping it in mind that the end product of the preparation is unspeakably great.
In the following Recipe of Pasta we will prepare a Fresh Egg Pasta, in other words, you can call it a Fresh Pasta Recipe if you will. Since the subject is preparing the pasta from home, in our Fresh Pasta Recipe, we will have to include the equipment we will use because there are no specific machines involved.
- 8 Top Most Zucchini Bread Recipes : Don’t Miss
- 10 Fantastic Vegetable Soup Recipes
- 10 Yummy Vanilla Cupcake Recipes
- 10 Best vanilla cake recipes : Don’t Miss
- mixing bowl
- Fork or dough whisk
- Rolling pin
- Baking sheet
- Clean dishtowel
- 2 cups flour, plus extra for rolling the pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
1. Add salt to the flour and mix well in a bowl. When it is mixed, create a depression in the middle of the flour and crack the eggs into the created depression and whisk to combine.
2. As you combine the flour and eggs, keep pulling the flour from the sides and the bottom of the bowl to make sure it well mixes and forms a tender dough.
3. Transfer the tender dough onto a counter and start kneading it adjusting more flour as needed so that it is not sticky. Keep folding and unfolding it until it forms an elastic smooth ball and has no air bubbles when cut with a paring knife.
4. Afterthe kneading, which takes roughly 10 minutes, let the dough rest for half an hour wrapped in plastic or covered with a dinner plate.
5. Take the baking sheet and sprinkle flour on it and place the dough in top of it to prevent sticking. Then divide the dough into four equal sizes, sprinkle flour on them and cover with dishtowels.
6. Start to roll out the pasta using a rolling pin, with your hands, flatten the each of the pieces of the dough one at a time and roll it out with the rolling pin, repeat the procedure twice to thrice until they get smooth so that the gluten in the flour is strengthened and the pasta gets a chew able texture after being cooked.
7. Cut the flattened pasta into smaller sizes and further flatten them with the rolling pin one at a time to make them more thin and long and place them on a clean dish. Then take the thin stretched dough and cut them into 12” noodle-length sheets with a knife and make filled pasta or lasagna shape. Sprinkle the noodles with flour to prevent sticking and transfer them into a basket.
8. The moment of truth arrives during the cooking, when water in a large pot is brought to a boil with salt added and the pasta cook for 4 to 5 minutes until al dente. Then take the pasta and dry it over a clothes drying rack and let it dry to become hard but easy to break. Then store the pasta in an airtight container for a few weeks.