If you are used to store bought pizza dough, you will realize that homemade pizza dough is even better. You can learn how to make pizza dough by following this homemade pizza dough recipe. It is very easy to make and will turn out to be the best pizza you ever tasted.
- Best And Easy chocolate chip cookies recipe
- How to make apple pie? Easy apple pie recipe
- How to make french toast? Best french toast recipe
- Best carrot cake recipe by OttMag
- How to make tomato soup? My best homemade tomato soup recipe
- 2/3 cup (165ml) warm water (around 105°F/38°C)
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) olive oil
- 2 cups + 1tsp (250g) flour
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon (7.5ml) salt
Instructions for easy pizza dough recipe
1) Put warm water in a pan and then add sugar and yeast. Stir lightly and leave it for like 5 to 10 minutes to allow the yeast activate. You will know the process is complete when it turns into foam on top of the water. Then add the salt and oil. Add the flour gradually as you stir the mixture continuously. When the mixture becomes too thick to stir, then you can stop adding flour. Knead the dough in circular motions. It is ready when it becomes glossy and tacky, but not sticky; a small amount pinched off can be stretched (by pinching and pulling) thin enough to allow light pass through.
2) Take the dough out of the bowl and put it on a clean surface that has been well-floured. A wooden board or clean table is best. You should make sure that you will be comfortable working at that particular height. If it is very moist or sticky, sprinkle more flour over the top. Gather the dough into a pile and press it together. Press the heels of your hands firmly into the dough, pushing forward slightly. The far edge of the dough should be folded upwards, towards you, and press it into the middle of the ball. Rotate it slightly. Repeat this press-fold-turn sequence for the entire duration of kneading.
3) Let the dough rise up for up to 1 hour at room temperature or put it in the refrigerator for approximately five hours. When the dough is ready, place it on a floured counter and flour it on the top. The dough should be cut into two round balls and the repeat the next step that follow repeatedly for each ball. You should flatten one ball with your hand until it is about 1 or 1 1/2 inches (2cm – 4cm) thick. Pick up the disk of dough, and pinch it to about 1/2 inch (1.27cm) from the edge.
4) You will know the disk of the easy pizza dough recipe has been stretched enough when it starts to become floppy, then you can proceed to tossing. Make a fist and drape it over your fist. Make a fist of the other hand and slip it under the dough next to your other fist in a very careful way. Shift your fists; with the left one towards your face and the right away) so the dough rotates while stretching.
5) When the homemade pizza dough recipe reaches about 8 inches (20cm) in diameter, you can quickly move your left fist in an arc that goes backwards towards your face. You should do this activity while twisting your right fist forward far from your face. The dough will spin like a Frisbee if you give a little push upwards with your right fist. Practice how it feels when you are trying to balance the force of the fist twists equally. This will keep the pizza from spinning off into the corner (or worse).If you notice that dough tears when you make pizza dough, you can begin afresh and repeat the spinning process so as to make the best pizza dough recipe.
Tips to follow in best pizza dough recipe
a) Always remember to wash your hands before you begin making the easy pizza dough recipe.
b) You should cover your hair when making homemade pizza dough recipe.
c) Place flour on your hands to prevent sticking if you want to learn how to make pizza dough quickly. When kneading you should be careful not to tear the dough, just stretch it. If it is too thick, you can flatten it with a rolling pin.
d) When you make easy pizza dough recipe, don’t put too much water into it because it becomes gooey. Remember to put flour on the surface you are working on because if you don’t, it will stick to the surface.
e) If you want to make the best pizza dough recipe using whole wheat, try a 2:1 ratio of white to whole wheat, and for elasticity improvement, add about a teaspoon of vital wheat gluten for each cup of whole wheat flour.
When you’re finished making the homemade pizza dough recipe, let it cool for 30 minutes.