Benefits of coconut oil, in its natural state, are just enormous. With scientific researches and observational studies proving its efficacy to health concerns, cooking matters, skin and hair treatments etc, it shouldn’t be overlooked. You will know how to use coconut oil in your home for countless purposes after reading this article.
USES OF COCONUT OIL
These uses have been compiled from various scientific and observational studies as well as personal home testimonies.
a) USES OF COCONUT OIL IN FOOD MAKING
- It is the perfect oil for baking and frying as it hardly smokes off due to its high smoking point. It is also great as a replacement to butter. It is not a dairy product buta perfect replacement for vegetable oil.
- It serves as the added energy content of some foods and drinks
- It also serves as a coffee emulsifier when added in coffees
- It is proven to hinder yeast infection.
b) USES FOR COCONUT OIL IN SKIN CARE
- It is used in the manufacture of lotions and also serves as a basic lotion which is applicable in its natural state to the skin.
- Coconut oil uses include the making of homemade lotions and deodorants.
- When applied properly to the skin, it has the tendency to lighten aging spots, to get rid of or prevent stretch marks during pregnancy, to increase the skin’s tolerance to sun burns which avoids burning. It is a natural sunscreen. This makes it a wonderful tanning oil.
- Uses for coconut oil include the use as tropical massage oil for smooth massaging.
- It is essential during dry weather and temperatures to avoid skin cracking.
- Also used as an eye make-up remover
- When applied topically to the skin, it makes it heal from injuries quicker.
- It is a perfect natural aftershave cream.
- It is a perfect body scrub when mixed with granules of sugar.
- Coconut oil uses include acne treatment. Correct application to the affected areas will help them die out quicker and reduce scarring.
- Coconut oil benefits include curing of cold sores and removal of cold sore scars.
c) HAIR CARE USES FOR COCONUT OIL
- When applied to the hair after shampooing, it gives the hair a shiny and glossy look.
- Applying the oil to the hair helps eradicate frizz in the hair.
- Promotes hair growth when rubbed into the scalp regularly
d) BENEFITS OF COCONUT OIL TO GENERAL HEALTH
- One of the uses for coconut oil is for getting rid of cradle cap on babies. A simple head massage will do.
- It is said to contain high lauric acid which is a metabolism booster.
- It’s also a soothing relief for eczema and psoriasis
- Observational studies have proven that taking in coconut oil regularly helped prevent Alzheimers – a type of dementia or memory loss.
- It improves the thyroid function which leads to enhanced growth.
- By rubbing a little coconut oil in the nose, it helps alleviate symptoms of allergy.
- Regular intake of coconut oil benefits the body by boosting insulin levels which regulates or minimises blood sugar levels.
- It is known to alleviate cold flu – mix a tablespoon with hot tea and drink.
- It’s used in making brain boosting snacks which enhances the mental ability of children.
- It also increases the milk supply and nutrients within nursing mothers when taken in regularly – 2 to 4 tablespoons a day will do.
- Also an energy booster, for example; when mixed with chia seeds.
- Helps improve cholesterol levels since it is not stored as fat
- It is safe for vaginal washing and lubrication which doesn’t affect vaginal health nor cause unwanted odours.
- It is also known to help improve arthritis condition because its anti-inflammatory property.
- Drops into the ear, especially for children, helps to get rid of ear infection.
e) USES OF COCONUT IN HOME MADE STUFF
- It is used in common homemade soaps
- It is used for making toothpaste; you can make one at home. Mix it with baking soda.
- Can be used as a natural deodorant and in making homemade deodorants.
- Coconut oil uses include the creation of homemade anti-ageing treat.
- Can be used as a complete natural baby lotion or oil.
- For making bug repellents. Get rid of bugs by mixing coconut oil with catnip and rosemary to create a natural bug repellent.
f) ORAL BENEFITS OF COCONUT OIL
- It is known to help eradicate sore throat. Adding drops or a tablespoon of coconut oil to a warm cup of tea and drinking is a wonderful remedy for a sore throat.
- It also helps improve the condition of the gums whiles preventing bad oral odour. It is no wonder that the uses for coconut oil include making toothpaste.
- Intake of this oil has been proven to help in teeth remineralisation – It improves calcium absorption as well as magnesium.
Coconut oils have never seemed so useful to you until today. These uses of coconut oil are here to help you. Knowledge is power; use it to your advantage. Enjoy the rest of your day.