Have you been searching for lentil soup recipes or the best lentil soup recipe that is convenient for you? Your search could be over. Have a look at these fantastic lentil and easy soup recipes.
- 7 Most lovely butternut squash soup recipes
- 5 Most Delicious kale salad recipes
- How to make cheese sauce
- How to make chicken soup
- How to make broccoli and cheese soup
1: RED LENTIL SOUP WITH LEMON
This lentil soup recipe is not number one for fun’s sake. It will amaze you how it tastes. It’s one of the best easy soup recipes as it takes less than an hour to prepare.
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil and some extra for drizzling
- 1 large-size onion(to be chopped)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp. of tomato paste
- 1 tsp. of ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. of kosher salt and some extra to taste
- ¼ tsp. of crushed black pepper
- Pinch of pounded chile powder or cayenne and some extra to taste
- 1 quart of chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of red lentils
- 1 large-size carrot(to be diced)
- Juice from half a lemon and some extra to taste
- 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat 3 tbsps of oil in a large pot. Add garlic and onion, and sauté for about four minutes.
- Add in tomato paste, salt, cumin, black pepper, chili powder/cayenne and stir-fry for an extra 2 minutes.
- Add your choice of broth, water (2cups), carrot and lentils, and bring to a simmer. When boil, reduce heat to moderately low temperature, cover the pot partially and allow it to simmer until the lentils are soft (30mins). You may taste and add some salt.
- Now, use any convenient equipment (blender or food processor) to purée half of the soup and return it to the pot once more.
- Pour and stir the cilantro and lemon juice into it.
You can now serve with a little drizzle of olive or chili powder, as preferred.
2: SPICED CARROT & LENTIL SOUP
This lentil soup recipe can be prepared under just 25 minutes. Aside its simplicity, it tastes really good. You should try this.
- 2 tsp.of cumin seeds
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp.of olive oil
- 600g of carrots (washed and roughly grated)
- 140g of red lentils to be split,
- 1l of hot vegetable stock
- 125ml of milk
- Plain yogurt
- naan bread (for serving)
- In a large saucepan, stir-fry chilli flakes and cumin seeds for a minute. Then, scoop out half of cumin seeds and place into a separate bowl. Add your oil, lentils, carrot, stock and the milk to the saucepan, and boil. Let it simmer for about 15minutes; to soften and bloat lentils.
- Puree soup using an immersion blender or food processor. Then, season the soup and taste. You can now add a spoonful of yogurt and sprinkle the earlier separated toasted spices to finish off your lentil soup.
Serve warm naan breads with this soup for a wonderful lunch.
3: Lentil Soup with Toasted Cumin and Paradise grains
Cumin makes every meal better. This is a good recipe for lentil soup; you need to try this.
Get the following ingredients:
- 2 tbsps.of olive oil
- 1 cup of gently chopped onion
- ½ cup of gently chopped carrot
- ½ cup of gently chopped celery
- 2 tsps. of kosher salt
- 1 pound of rinsed lentils
- 1 cup of chopped tomatoes
- 2 quarts of chicken/vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon of coriander (freshly ground)
- ½ teaspoon of toasted cumin (freshly ground)
- ½ teaspoon of paradise grains (freshly ground)
- In a large heated Dutch oven (6-quart), drop in the spoons of olive oil, and add onion, celery, carrot and salt. Allow it to sauté for about 7minutes.
- Add lentils, broth, tomatoes, coriander, grains of paradise and cumin.
- Stir and increase heat to boil. Decrease heat when boiled, cover the oven and let it simmer for 35-40minutes.
- Now, puree your soup with any stick blender or food processor to your preferred level of smoothness and serve.
4: LENTIL SOUP RECIPE WITH PASTA AND PARMESAN
You’ve tasted nothing like this before. It’s an absolutely easy lentil soup recipe that you can cook under one hour.
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil and some extra for sprinkling
- 1 medium-size onion (chopped)
- 2 carrots(chopped)
- 2 celery stalks(chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves(chopped)
- Black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (14 1/2-ounce)
- 1 pound of lentils (about 1.25 cups)
- 11 cups broth of chicken (low-salt)
- Fresh thyme sprigs (about 4 or 5)
- 2/3 cup of dry elbow pasta
- 1 cup of shredded Parmesan
- In a large cooking pot over a medium heat, sauté oil, onion, celery and carrot. Add in garlic, pepper, and salt, and stir-fry for about 7 to 8minutes. Add tomatoes (including its juices) and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 8minutes.
- Then, stir in lentils, then broth, then the thyme sprigs. Turn up the heat and boil for about 5minutes. Reduce heat and cover the pot to boil gently for 30minutes or until lentils are nearly tender.
- Stir in pasta and simmer gently for about 8mins – pasta must be tender but bity not too soft). You may now season in some pepper and salt.
- Scoop soup into bowls and drizzle with Parmesan and olive oil to serve.
5: LENTIL SOUP WITH PEA SAND HAM
Ham tastes good.Together with peas in this lentil soup recipe,you’re in for an extra yummy soup. This recipe contains 12g fiber, a meager 36mg of cholesterol, 428 calories, carbohydrate of 62g and protein contents of 28g. It’s definitely among the healthiest lentil soup recipes as well as general easy soup recipes.
- 1tbsp of virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup of diced ham
- 1 chopped medium-size onion
- 3tbsp of chopped fresh dill
- 2 diced stalks of celery
- 2 diced medium-size carrots
- 1 pound of diced gold potatoes (3-4 medium-sizes)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly pounded pepper
- 4 cups of chicken broth (low-sodium broth)
- 1 cup of dry yellow/red lentils
- 1 cup of fresh peas (thawed if frozen)
- 3tbsp of plain yogurt
- Pour the olive oil in a large heated pot over medium heat and stir in ham, onion and just 2tbsp of dill. Let it sauté and stir frequently for about 5minutes.
- Stir in the carrots, celery, ½ cup of water and ¼ teaspoon each of pepper and salt. Let it cook, covered, for about 10minutes – vegetables must be moderately soft.
- Now, add in chicken broth, 1½ cups of water and lentils. Cover and let it boil.
- When boil, uncover and cook till the potatoes become soft and the lentils begin to break up (about 14 extra minutes). Stir in yogurt, peas, and the other 1 tbsp of dill.
- Scoop into bowls and serve your guests.
6: AWESOME WINE LENTIL SOUP RECIPE WITH PECORINO CHEESE
This is definitely going to be a memorable recipe for lentil soup. If you’ve never taken in a wine added soup, this is your chance. It contains about 44g carbohydrates, 25g protein and a meager 3g saturated fat. It’s an easy lentil soup recipe– Try your hands on this.
- 2tbspof extra virgin olive oil plus some extra for drizzling
- 1 pound of hot Italian sausage
- 4 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 2 stems of fresh rosemary
- 1 finely chopped carrot
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 potato (peeled and diced)
- 2tbsp of tomato paste
- 1bunch of black kale, (stem removed and chopped)
- Some little fresh nutmeg gratings
- ½ cup of dry red or white wine
- 6 cups of chicken stock
- 1¼ cups of brown lentils
- Shaved Pecorino cheese (for serving)
- In a large cooking pot, heat the extra-virgin olive oil over a high heat and sauté the sausage. When brown, add the bay leaves, garlic, carrots, rosemary, onions and potatoes. Season with pepper and salt and cook for about 8minutes, until vegetables are tender. Add tomato paste and cook for a minute.Then, stir in nutmeg and kale.
- Pour in the wine, and stir to scrape any browning from the pot’s bottom. Afterwards, stir in your chicken stock plus 2cups of water and boil.
- Stir in your lentils and let it cook gently, over a medium-low heat, for 30-35minutes.
- Afterwards, remove the bay leaves and rosemary stems.
To serve, scoop your soup into serving bowls and sprinkle with some extra-virgin olive oil and your shaved Pecorino cheese.
7: SPICY RECIPE FOR LENTIL SOUP WITH TURMERIC AND CILANTRO
Among lentil soup recipes, this one has a high carb content (59 g) and makes it an ideal choice for people that need more energy for daily activities. It’s a perfect fit for lunch. I wouldn’t forget to mention that it also contains 27g of protein and a meager 1g saturated fat. In terms of health, it can be considered as the best lentil soup recipe.
- 2 cups of red lentils
- 1 chopped SerranoChile pepper
- 1 coarsely chopped large tomato
- One1.5-inch piece of ginger (grated)
- 3 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- Kosher salt
- ¼ cup of roughly cut fresh cilantro and some extra for toppings
- ¼ cup of Greek yogurt
- Boil 7cups of water and the lentils in a pot.
- Add the tomato, Chile pepper, garlic, ginger, turmeric and 2tsps of salt. Cover it partially and let it simmer over a moderate-low heat for about 20minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the cilantro and season with some salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, 2tsps of water and a pinch of salt.
- To serve, scoop soup into preferred bowls and drizzle the yogurt mixture and some more cilantro on top of it.
8: Lentil Soup Recipe with Ham and Turnips
Only a few people aren’t fond of turnips. I love them and I guess you do too. You’ll make a fantastic meal from this easy lentil soup recipe.
- 6tbsps of unsalted butter
- 2 chopped stalks of celery
- 2 chopped carrots
- 2 turnips (inch-diced)
- 1 chopped red onion
- 2tbsps of all-purpose flour
- 1tspof cut fresh thyme
- 1 bone-free ham steak (chopped into 3/4-inch cubes)
- 2 cans of lentils (15.5-ounce each)
- ½ a baguette (semi-inch-diced)
- ¼ cup of chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher salt
- Freshly crushed pepper
- In a large pot, heat 3tbspsof butter over medium heat. Add in and cook the celery, turnips, carrots and onion for about 8minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in flour and the thyme, and cook for about 2mins. Add 4 cups of water and stir until smooth.
- Pour the lentils (liquids included) and the ham into the pot, turn up heat to medium high and bring to a boil. When boiled, turn down the heat so it simmers gently. Let it cook, while stirring occasionally, for about 7 to 8minutes.
- Concurrently, heat the reserved 3tbsps of butter in a skillet; over a moderate heat. Then, toss in baguette cubes, sprinkle parsley on it and season with pepper and salt. Cook this while stirring continually for about 7 to 8minutes (until it is lightly toasted).
9: COMFORTING LENTIL SOUP WITH HAMAND POTATOES
This is well among the easy soup recipes. Considering a hearty soup for some holiday outing at the beach, I would recommend this for you.
- 2tbspof EVOO
- 3 shallots (minced)
- 1medium-size carrot (finely chopped)
- 1 medium-size celery rib (finely chopped)
- 1 cup of lentils
- 6 cups of chicken stock
- ½ pound of red potatoes (1/2-inch-diced)
- 1½ cups of cubed ham
- Parsley puree
For the Parsley puree, you need:
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½teaspoon of pepper
- 1/3 cup of fresh and minced parsley
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot over a moderately high heat. Toss in and cook shallots, celery and carrot, while stirring occasionally for about 5mins.
- Stir in chicken stock and lentils and bring to a simmer. Then, turn down the heat, cover, and let it simmer for 10minutes. Afterwards, use an immersion blender to puree for thickening.
- When done, stir in ham and potatoes. Cover and simmer for 10more minutes (until potatoes are tender).
- To serve, scoop soup into dining bowls, pour and mix in the parsley puree.
Preparing the Parsley puree:
Mix salt, garlic, parsley and pepper in a small food processor, and process for a puree.It should yield about 1/3 cup.
10: Recipe For Yummy Curry Lentil Soup
This is another recipe for lentil soup that shouldn’t be missing on your personal list. It’s quite simple and can be classified among general easy soup recipes. Make it a point to try your hands on this one.You’ll love it.
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 5 to 6 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 small-size carrot(finely chopped)
- 1 small-size Chile pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 large-size shallot (finely chopped)
- 1½ cups of red, green or yellow lentils
- Curry powder blend
- 1 quart of chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 or 3 cups of water
- 1 bundle of farm spinach (trim, wash and dry before chopping coarsely)
- Naan bread
- 2 tablespoons of butter(melted)
- Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in a soup pot over a medium-high temperature. Then, add garlic, carrot, shallot and Chile, and cook for about 3minutes (until mixture is softened).
- Stir in lentils and toss, and then season with some curry spices and salt to taste.
- Add the chicken stock and the water to your pot of soup and let it simmer over a medium heat. Turn down the heat and boil gently for about 4minutes (till lentils are softened).
- Using any immersion blender, puree till smooth. If the need be, you can season with some extra salt and then stir in your fresh spinach till wilted.
- Now, heat your naan bread in a pan with just some little water for moisture. When crisp on each side, coat with the melted butter and serve along with the soup. Enjoy!
Try your hands on any of these lentil soup recipes and let us know what you think about them. Also, if you try a couple of these, let us know which one is your favorite recipe for lentil soup. Have a nice time.