Almost everyone freaks out at the thought of gaining more weight and becoming obese and they would literally do anything in their power to stop such an eventuality. In so doing, they will highly be mindful of their diet and take all the precautions given by doctors and nutritionists. Tomato-Basil Soup is one of the best homemade soups that will keep your weight stable and sound. Tomato-Basil Soup tastes great when served with French bread baguette and the best ingredient in this soup includes the low-fat milk and light cream cheese as we are about to see in the upcoming Tomato Basil Soup Recipe.
In most foods, tomatoes make the basic ingredient for many or obvious reasons. Despite the fact that not everyone cares about the health related benefits of the vegetable, they however enjoy the salivating juicy taste of them. The following is the Tomato Basil Soup Recipe
- 7 Healthy yellow squash recipes
- 10 Absolutely healthy spaghetti squash recipes
- 10 Best easy to make healthy soup recipes
- 10 Super easy cupcake recipes
- 10 Classy and easy chocolate cake recipes
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups low-sodium tomato juice
- Basil leaves, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut French bread baguette
- 4 cups chopped seeded peeled tomato (about 4 large)
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
To prepare Tomato Basil Soup from the recipe provided, you will need to follow the also provided guidelines below.
Boil the tomato and juice in a saucepan for a short period of about 30 minutes then reduce the heat to let it boil gently below boiling point as it bubbles gently; at this time you have already uncovered the saucepan.
After this preliminary step, you still don’t have the Tomato Basil Soupyet, not until you have all the processes followed to get a tasty Tomato Basil Soup. Secondly, to get the final product of Tomato and Basil Soup. Take all the tomato mixture and basil leaves and put them in a blender or food processor and run the device until the content gets smooth. Afterwards, returned the processed mixture into the saucepan and stir in milk with salt and pepper added. Progressively, add cream and stir then cook for about 5 minutes under minimal heat until it gets thick. Finally, to have Tomato and Basil Soup, serve the 5 minutes prepared soup in bowls and accompany it with sliced basil and even if youplease, you can serve it with bread.