Hello friend, don’t accept to be crippled by just one easy vegetable soup recipe.I wrote this because of one text message I received from a friend,“I need a recipe for vegetable soup”.
There are tons of vegetable soup recipes you can delight your home with.Try as many of these and write down your most preferred recipe for vegetable soup.
- How to make red velvet cake? Easy red velvet cake recipe
- How to make peanut butter cookies? Easy peanut butter cookies recipe
- How to make sugar cookies? Easy sugar cookie recipe
- How to make ice cream? Easy homemade ice cream recipe
1: TASTY CHICKEN VEGETABLE SOUP
Unless you’re a vegan, you should try this unique healthy vegetable soup recipe. Most Eastern Europeans use parsnips and turnips for this yummy soup. However, if they are not readily available or affordable,you may substitute these with more carrots and leek.
For this, you need:
- 8 cups of water
- 1½ cups of (half-inch cubed parsnip)
- 2½ cups of chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 (6-pound) roasted chicken
- 2 cups of thinly sliced leek
- 1½ cups of (½-inch cubed) turnip
- 1½ cups of carrot ( ½-inch cubed)
- 1 teaspoon of fresh dill (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- Begin with your chicken; eliminate the innards and neck from the chicken, takeout the chicken skin from the flesh, and remove excessive fat. After washing with some water, divide the chicken lengthwise and toss into a convenient saucepan.Pour 8cups of water over it and set fire beneath to boil.
- After about 10minutes, use a ladle to discard the fat on the surface of the broth, add the celery, carrot, leek, parsnip and the turnip and stir well, allowing to boil. Turn down the heat and let it boil gently for about half an hour, till the veggies are almost soft.
- Now, fish out the chicken, let it cool for about 10minutes and strip the flesh from the bones. Get your chicken shredded into 6cups of meat, with the aid of two forks. Let the vegetables in the pan simmer gently until tender and toss in the shredded chicken. You may now season with adequate salt, dill and pepper for taste.
Serving: Serve this soup with noodles or rice for a yummy lunch.
2: ROOT VEGETABLE MINESTRONE WITH BACON
If you’ve been looking forward to impressing your family with a wonderful homemade vegetable soup recipe, this is the best fit for you.
You’ll need these ingredients:
- 5 chopped and center-cut slices of bacon,
- 1 cup of chopped onion,
- 2/3 cup of chopped carrot,
- 1/2 cup of chopped celery,
- 1/2 cup of chopped parsnip,
- 1 1/3 cups of butternut squash (peeled and chopped)
- 3 garlic clove(minced)
- 2 2/3 cups of unsalted chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 3/4 cup of unsalted cannellini beans
- 4 teaspoons of unsalted tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/4 cup of uncooked ditalini pasta
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Get your bacon washed or rinsed, toss it into a cooking pot or a Dutch oven with some water and set under a medium heat until it attains crispness.
- Take out the bacon while saving a tablespoon of drippings in the pot.
- Up the heat to a medium-high, and add the butternut squash along with the onion, parsnip, carrot, celery, garlic, basil, thyme and tomato paste to the drippings.Cook it for about 8minutes, while stirring intermittently to avoid the burn. Pour in the chicken broth, cover the pan, turn down the fire/eat and let it simmer for 15minutes.
- Now, toss in the raw pasta, stir and let it cook for 10minutes. Afterwards, stir in your cannellini beans, pepper and salt; allow it to cook for an extra 2 or so minutes, until the pasta and veggies are tender.
- Scoop soup into four bowls, do the toppings with bacon and serve.
3: ROOT-VEGETABLE MINESTRONE
From this easy vegetable soup recipe, you can make a wonderful soup meal for lunch. This one is extra-packed with wonderful vegetables and delicious angel hair pasta, making it both a tasty and nutritious option for your vegetable soup.
For preparation, you’ll need:
- ¼ cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small sprig of rosemary
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 quarter-inch-thick sliced parsnips
- 3 quarter-inch-thick sliced broccoli stems or 1 kohlrabi
- 2 carrots (to be sliced; 1/4 inch thick)
- 3cups of butternut squash(3/4-inch diced)
- 6 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- ground black pepper
- 4 ounces of 1-inch length broken angel hair pasta
- 1 cup of frozen baby lima beans
- ½ cup of freshly grated pecorino cheese; plus some extra for serving
- Set a large Dutch oven on fire and heat 2tables poons of the olive oil. When hot, add the onions, rosemary and garlic and fry under a moderate heat till the onions are tender. Add and cook the carrots, broccoli stems, parsnips, and squash for 1 minute. Then, pour in the broth. Season the soup with the pepper and salt and let it boil gently for about 15 minutes; until veggies are tender.
- Concurrently, make use of a medium sized frying pan – pour in the other 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add the pasta, cook and stir over a medium heat for about 4 minutes, until brownish or deep golden.
- Now, add the lima beans and the toasted pasta.Let it to cook until the veggies and pasta are softened. Then, remove the rosemary and stir the cheese into the soup.
Write this down as a candidate for your best vegetable soup recipe and try it. You’ll love it.
4: MINESTRONE RAGOUT OVER POLENTA
This is another magnificent recipe for vegetable soup that you can make at home.Prepare a cup of ragout and 3 slices of polenta for a table of four and you’re going to have an unforgettable moment. To make this, get the following ingredients:
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of peeled and diced eggplant
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup of carrot(chopped)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper(chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 can (14 1/2-ounce) of Italian-style stewed tomatoes(chopped and undrained)
- 1 cup of chopped spinach
- 1/3 cup of chopped fresh basil
- cooking spray
- half teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of hot cooked orzo (about half cup rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 (16-ounce) tube polenta to be chopped into 12 slices
- some basil sprigs (optional)
- Set a large frying pan on fire, pour in some oil and heat. Put the chopped eggplant into the pan and add the onions, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, carrot, fennel seeds, red pepper and garlic and cook for 5minutes.
- Now, add the tomatoes, stir and cook for 3minutes. Then, stir in basil, salt, spinach and orzo; allowing it to cook for a minute.
- Preheat the broiler. Get a baking sheet that is coated with cooking spray, place the polenta on it and broil for 3minutes. Turn the other side unto the baking sheet and broil for an additional three minutes.
For serving, you may garnish with some basil as well.
5: POLENTA-SAUSAGE RAGOUT
If you’ve been thinking of the best vegetable soup recipe you can prepare under 20minutes, you would want to consider this one. For a table of four, get the following ingredients:
1¼ cups of chopped red bell pepper, 2 whole links of hot Italian sausage, 1½ cups of frozen whole-kernel corn, 1 (8-ounce) package mushrooms, 2 cups of chopped onion, 1/8 teaspoon of dried thyme, ¼ teaspoon of ground pepper, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 8 half-inch-thick slices of polenta and cooking spray.
- To begin with, put the sausage in a large skillet and add in the bell pepper, onion, mushrooms and corn. Set a medium-high heat beneath the skillet and let it boil for 7minutes whiles stirring regularly – until sausage is brownish and crumbled.
- For your next stage, smidgen the thyme and ground pepper on one side of each of the polenta. Then, set a size able skillet containing oil on a medium-high fire/heat. When hot,cook the smidgen polenta in it for 4minutes (until it’s brownish). Then, get the tops of the slices coated with a cooking spray; turn over and cook until it’s browned; for about 2minutes.
To serve, you may scoop out half cup of the sausage mixture onto a serving plate and add 2 polenta slices to each with the thyme-side up.
6: TOMATO AND RED PEPPER SOUP WITH GRILLED CHEESE CROUTONS
This easy vegetable soup recipe won’t take you more than 35minutes. It’s not only easy but also tasty.
For your soup, you’ll need:
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 1 medium-size onion
- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 2 tbsp. of tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. of sugar
- ½ tbsp. Kosher salt
- 1 can of whole peeled plum tomatoes with basil
- ⅓ cup of heavy cream
- 1½ cup vegetable broth
- ⅓ cupof chopped fresh basil
- ½ tsp. of freshly ground pepper
- Grilled Cheese Croutons
To make the grilled cheese croutons, you’ll need:
- 1¼ cup of shredded aged white Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices of toasted multigrain sourdough bread
- 1 garlic clove.
- Cook your chopped onions and pepper in a size able Dutch oven over a medium-temperature heat for about 10minutes or until tender. Add garlic, tomato paste and smoked paprika and stir continually for about a minute. Then, add your whole peeled tomatoes, vegetable broth, sugar, kosher salt, ground pepper and stir.
- Now, crush the tomatoes into little chunks with a spoon and let it boil; reduce the heat to a medium-low level and let it boil gently for about 15minutes. Stir in the cream and basil and season with pepper and salt. You can now do your toppings with the grilled Cheese Croutons and serve.
Grilled Cheese Croutons:
Rub the garlic clove into bread and place it on a baking sheet. Smidgen some cheese over it and broil for 2minutes; until the cheese is fully melted. Take it out and let it cool for a minute, then, chop into 1½-inch sizes.
7: AUTUMN VEGETABLE RAGOUT WITH SOFT POLENTA
This is another wonderful homemade vegetable soup recipe with polenta added in.
It’s a healthy vegetable soup recipe which may not be too simple, but it’s worth the effort.
- Obviously, you’ll need soft polenta
- two 15oz. cans of white beans
- 3 table spoons of olive oil
- 1 onion(to be chopped into inch-size chunks)
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 2½ pounds of butternut squash(to be seeded and chopped into inch-sized chunks)
- 1 pound of parsnips(to be trimmed and chopped into inch-size chunks)
- about half teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 pound of kale
- ½ cup of chopped pitted calamata olives
- 1 28oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- Search to remove debris and fragments from the beans and rinse. Soak in water for at least 3 to 4 hours. Drain the water out, pour the beans into the pan and add 2quarts of water. Boil it over high heat, reduce the heat and cover to simmer gently for about 40 minutes or more, until the beans are tender. Now, drain the water from beans and save about 4 cups of the liquid.
- While doing the above processes, mix garlic and olive oil in a size able bowl. Add onions, then parsnips, squash, a quarter teaspoon of pepper, and half a teaspoon of salt and mix. Pour the mixture, in single layers, into two 12 by 15-inch baking pans and bake in a 400° F oven for 15minutes. Then, stir with a size able spatula and bake it again for about 15minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Wash kale and tear leaves. Boil about 2 quarts of water in a 7 or 8 qaurts pan and then add the kale leaves. Allow it to cook for about 3minutes; until tender for biting.Spoon it out,soak in cold water to cool down, and then chop into rough sizes.
- Pour the 4 cups of reserved cooking liquid into an 8 qaurt pan and add the beans, tomatoes plus their juice, olives, roasted vegetables and set it over high heat. When they boil, regulate the heat to maintain a gentle simmer for about 15minutes. Afterwards, add the kale and cook for a minute or two. Add some more pepper and salt to spice up.
You may now serve your new found soup. Don’t forget to tell friends about the easy vegetable soup recipe.
8: CABBAGE BEEF SOUP
Undoubtedly a simple and easy vegetable soup recipe, you dare not underestimate this soup. My friend got addicted to this for months. It is currently my daughter’s best vegetable soup recipe and her husband loves it too.
For a family of 10, get the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 pound of ground beef
- chopped ½ of a large onion
- 5 cups of chopped cabbage
- 2 (16 ounce) cans of red kidney beans(drained)
- 2 cups of water
- 24 ounces of tomato sauce
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1½ teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
Heat the oil in a size able stockpot over a moderately high heat, add ground beef and onion, and fry until beef is crumbled and browned.
Pour out the fat and place beef into a slow cooker. Then, pour in kidney beans, cabbage, water, tomato sauce, bouillon, salt, pepper and cumin. Stir until bouillon is dissolved.Cover and cook for 4hours on a high setting, stirring occasionally.
9: SLOW COOKER VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP
Make this simple homemade vegetable soup recipe with a slow cooker. It is full of numerous rich veggies and tastes just fantastic.
- 1½ pounds of cubed beef stew meat
- 2 cups of water
- 1 small onion to be chopped
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes (28 ounce)
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed
- 2 potatoes, (peeled and cubed)
- 10 cubes beef bouillon(crumbled)
- 2 teaspoons of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil
Place beef into a slow cooker and pour in water. Stir in tomatoes, onions, potatoes and mixed vegetables. Now, do some seasoning with bouillon, salt, pepper and basil and cook on a low setting for 8 hours.
As you can see, this is the simplest among the vegetable soup recipes – Have a try.
10: SLOW COOKER BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP WITH CORN
This one is just as easy as the preceding recipe for vegetable soup. Packed with wonderful veggies, it’s ideal and healthy vegetable soup recipe for winter meals. The added corn gives it an extra touch of taste and texture.
For a serving of 6, you need these:
- 1 pound cubed beef stew meat
- 1 can (15.25 ounce)of whole kernel corn
- 1 can (15 ounce) of green beans
- 1 can (15 ounce) of carrots with juice
- 1 can (15 ounce) of sliced potatoes with juice
- 1 can (28 ounce)of crushed tomatoes
- 1 (1¼ ounce) package beef with onion soup mix
- salt and pepper for taste
Place corn, green beans, potatoes, meat, carrots, soup mix, tomatoes, salt and pepper into a slow cooker, mix it and turn on the heat. Taste for salt and pepper, and cook on a low setting for 6hours. You may add some water occasionally if necessary.
From these vegetable soup recipes, you can entertain your family with exquisite and yummy meals for lunch and supper. After trying these, let us know which one is your best vegetable soup recipe.